This puzzle is part 20 of Gladys' journey across the globe. Each part can be solved independently. Nevertheless, if you are new to the series, feel free to start at the beginning: Introducing Gladys.
My passport keeps filling up with new stamps. Hopefully I have enough pages left to finish the trip. Today I visited a museum detailing the history of an industry which has been especially important in this part of the world. I hope to write to you again soon.
The word borders in the crossword form a maze. Remember, every square is reachable from the start!
Wish you were here!
1. Unit surrounded by falsehood – first signs of trouble (5)
2. Ancient France's global borders holding precious metal (4)
3. Anxiety as Swiss physics lab is associated with scam (7)
4. Woman is initially fearful before programme's ending (5)
5. Clothing for unruly Thai around Burmese capital (5)
6. Tenant's point of view in payment to landlord (8)
7. Behind the freaky boat, nothing is forbidden (5)
8. Breathe, former lover! Heal unexpectedly! (6)
9. Cops confused by the end, to some extent (5)
10. Clothing for unnoted hunting expedition (4)
11. Scottish king buried in walled garden (5)
12. Greasy ornamental mat has no front (4)
13. Man's postal delivery called out (4)
14. Scrape up cardroom's commission (4)
15. Polish back of heavy stone (4)
1. Leave, clutching unfinished plot to take advantage of (7)
2. Outlandish ransom off historically powerful Russians (9)
3. Country's central palace in the middle of puddle (6)
4. Determine the age of heartless Italian poet (4)
5. Intelligence operative is a well-mannered man (5)
6. Charitable donations essential to Palm Sunday (4)
7. Baku – abnormally large capital (5)
8. Perish by the end of strict regimen (4)
9. State to ban possessing one top hat (5)
10. Seashore to be a march's ending (5)
11. President's mother cooked corn (6)
12. Ohio's banks yearn for tea (6)
13. Landform or Arizona city (4)
Gladys will return in "A fortified nonogram".