I am a Software Developer in beautiful Colorado with a wife (praise Jesus, how did that happen?!) and a cat. I love the problem-solving aspects of programming and the satisfaction that comes from developing a clean, clever, and efficient solution to a challenge.
I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a Mathematics minor from UCCS, and several years of professional programming experience. I find software development in a professional environment to be extremely fulfilling, especially when you can see the positive effects of something you have created.
I desire to constantly be sharpening and honing my craft while expanding my knowledge with new technologies and languages; and I'm never opposed to constructive criticism if it means I grow from the experience (unless that constructive criticism involves where I put my curly braces).
Languages I use
(In order of strength)
- Python 2&3
- C# and the .NET framework
- ActionScript 2 & 3 (Went through a HUGE Flash game dev phase)
- VBA (ew)
Other things with which I'm pretty familiar
- HTML 4/5
- CSS 3
- Developing utilities and games for fun.
- Maintaining my personal website.
- Video Games
- Any Japanese RPGs (my current fav is Square Enix's Bravely Default (I'm a huge sucker for a job system))
- ALL THE POKEMON (recently completed my national Pokedex. Take that Markus Smithson from 2nd grade. Who's the master now!!!??!... Did I mention the miracle of me being married?)
- Digital painting/sketching
- Web design
I used to do quite a bit of Digital Illustration and even some 2D animation for a while there, but not so much any more. When I was doing that stuff though, I was using:
- Adobe Flash CS5
- Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Procreate (iOS application that runs MIND-BLOWINGLY well on a first gen iPad)