Puzzles that revolve around a magic trick, or an illusion of sorts. Do not use this tag for a puzzle revolving around something as "witchcraft".
Magic (sometimes referred to as stage magic, to distinguish it from paranormal or ritual magic) is a performing art that entertains audiences by staging tricks or creating illusions of seemingly impossible or seemingly supernatural feats, while using natural means. These feats are called magic tricks, effects or illusions. Typical magical effects are
- prestidigitation: manipulation of objects such as cards and coins ("quick fingers")
- conjuring: the illusion of invoking deities and other spirits
- hypnosis: creating a state of consciousness involving reduced peripheral awareness, characterized by an enhanced capacity for response to suggestion
- mentalism: telepathy, clairvoyance, divination, precognition, psychokinesis, mediumship, mind control, memory feats, and rapid mathematics.
- escapology: the practice of escaping from restraints or other traps
A question tagged with this should revolve around a concrete magic trick, with the goal of figuring out how it was done.
You should not use this tag for puzzles on paranormal or ritual magical concepts.