You stumbled across a letter accidentally sent to you. It bears an official looking (though archaic) seal and the contents are as follows:
TO whom it may concern:
Thank you for your interest in joining our club. Our roots date back to the 17th century, though not many people know about us. Fewer still know who our members are. In fact, we have only 47 members to date, although we have 4 more applicants who wish to be verified. If you think you are worthy of joining our club, you have to wait in queue! However, do stay in touch as we may need to verify your credentials soon.
Below the fanciful signature was the following postscript:
A few fun facts about our club:
- We were founded by a friar
- We call those who hunt us by a nickname, "those who are feeble and contemptible"
- The rest of the club calls me "a lesser one" -- but I don't think so do you?
- The founding members are all very close to each other (though if I may say so the newer members aren't as close
- Our club has no member number limits for now (but these might be decided on later)
Well, for a secretive and exclusive club, they don't seem to guard or encrypt their facts very well do they? (Maybe their club address directory needs an update). With this information, even I could figure out what club this is!
Can you figure out what club N is from, and, as a bonus, find the clues in the above text?