Rules of Statue Park1
- Insert eleven of the depicted L-tromino pieces into the grid.
- Pieces can be rotated or reflected.
- Pieces cannot be adjacent to another piece, but they may touch at a corner.
- Empty cells are all connected.
- Cells marked with a black circle must be part of a piece.
- Cells marked with a white circle must be empty.
1. Sauce for diplomatic leaders (3)
3. Sun god with head of Merino sheep (3)
6. See scales turning nonstop (9)
7. Return of divine being Anubis, depicted with one's head (3)
9. Go change the direction of Fourth Street (4)
12. I think I am nothing (3)
13. President is out after prisoners (4)
15. The one and only part of the human body (4)
16. Honorific held by Osiris (3)
1. Pass judgment for Seth's crime: No "eye for eye" (6)
2. Ptah at odds with Asarte's last seed (3)
3. Hungry elephant sampling cereal (3)
4. Israeli intelligence contracted to plant in 14 down (4)
5. Half of judgment is getting reversed? No comments (8)
8. Graphical user interface design: Starters handbook (5)
10. Helicopter part going up and down (5)
11. The twisted letter with stroke (3)
14. Mostly fictitious wetland (3)
1 Paraphrased from the original rules on Melon's Puzzles.
Solve both puzzles to answer the question: What do computers need?