The final answer is the name of a country.
The country is ...
Solutions to the cryptic clues:
1. CHECKERED — CHECK + E(-mail) + RED
2. POLE — ddef: man from Pland; fishing rod
3. RAINBOW — BRAIN* + OW(l) - tu(L)ip
4. LINK — (snai)L end + INK from squid
5. BEAT — B (bee) + (m)EAT without top
6. PERSONS — PE(a)R + SONS
7. TAPE — T(emperature) + APE
8. HERRING — HER (belongig to a woman) RING
9. CROSS — Hidden in la_CROSS_e
10. SNOW — S(nake) top + WON<
11. HOUSE — ddef: Doctor on TV, building
12. LIE — LI(k)E - K(iss)
13. WHALE — W(atc)H frame + ALE
14. MOON — MOO (cow sound) + (he)N leg
15. JEANS — sounds like (ear) "genes"
... we can associate three consecutive answers with a common word:
FLAG — checkered flag, flagpole, rainbow flag
MISSING — missing link, missing a beat, missing persons
RED — red tape, red herrng, Red Cross
WHITE — Snow White, White House, white lie
BLUE — blue whale, (once in a) blue moon, blue jeans
We are looking for ...
... a country whose flag is missing red, white and blue. Jamaica's flag has black, green and yellow.