Rules of Yajilin1
- Shade some cells in the grid.
- The numbered cells show how many shaded cells are in the direction of the arrow.
- Shaded cells cannot be adjacent to another shaded cell.
- Make a single loop which goes through every unshaded, unnumbered cell.
Note: The crossword clues below are a mix of Printer's Devilry and normal cryptic clues.
1. Dr. Evans heading away from extremely beautiful woman (3)
7. Rand represented in Africa's primary monetary union, finally (3)
8. The band's vocalist also released two soles (6)
9. Part of London also holding prisoners (4)
10. What Hannibal spoke twisted in Clarice's head after turning up (5)
12. Response to Marco's shirt (4)
14. The South Auckland pub refused to allow Mary into the establishment (6)
15. This is a picture of the cataract, or pal as lassie (5)
16. The number of hashish? – Uge on Twitter (4)
2. Stalk with neighbours doesn't have to be boring (4)
3. A male person is climbing on a large house (7)
4. Fincher drops the case on Korean city (7)
5. Taking a position as artful musing (8)
6. There were 27 cakes as wedding to Charles (6)
11. The painting depicts him at the centre of the table surrounded by the twelve ales (4)
13. A glass has one kind of service (3)
1 Paraphrased from the original rules on Nikoli.
Solve both puzzles to answer the question: What can the postman bring?