Rules of Hitori1
- Shade some cells in the grid.
- No number occurs in more than one unshaded cell on any row or column.
- Shaded cells cannot be adjacent to each other horizontally or vertically, but they may touch at a corner.
- All unshaded cells are orthogonally connected.
3. A piece of pork – a shocking starter for Islamist group (5)
4. Afterthought by Yankee rapper (3)
8. Jaeger skinned an ancient civilization (6)
9. Friendly relative disheartened (4)
10. Small price to pay for endless soup (3)
11. Leased missing central part for saxophone, maybe (4)
13. Musical group appearing in Sahara (1-2)
14. Middle-Eastern Arabs are nomadic people with no leader (6)
16. Tools for measuring leaders (6)
1. Maybe the awful weather's starting to pass, evoking negative feelings (7)
2. Contract man in supporting structures for large computers (10)
5. Cossacks secretly making fire (4)
6. Stand-up guy with a bit of gentlemen's character (6)
7. Prisoner making network's final appearance, ultimately (8)
12. Tree's remains after burning (3)
13. Lead-free, pure gas containing nitrogen and oxygen (3)
15. Original Mad Max held in homeland (3)
1 Paraphrased from the original rules on Nikoli.
Solve both puzzles to answer the question: What might an impatient court do?