You: a visitor
The village doesn't have enough resources for 20 people. The king decides to ban 10 villagers from the village. The king is not ruthless, so he gives the villagers a chance to stay. He puts each of the 10 villagers in a cell with a button. The king arranged the cells in a row, so each villager has sight of the cells in front of him and sees if they are active or not. A cell can be either active or not active. If the cell is active the villager in the cell needs to press the button to deactivate it. If the button is clicked correctly the cell will open and the villager is free to go else he will be banned. From the outside you can see which cells are active and which are not.
1) No one is allowed to talk during the trial but you.
2) You are just allowed to say either 'active' or 'not active' at the start of the trial, nothing else.
3) You're not allowed to do any movement.
4) The trial lasts 2 minutes. After this time every button, which hasn't been clicked, counts as not clicked.
4) Before the trial you have some time to talk to the villagers.
If a button is clicked you can clearly hear it being clicked.
If the rules are broken, all the villagers will be banned.
How can you keep all the villagers in the village?