This is a linking puzzle, where you get 8 hints, and 7 links between them.
- Michael Jackson made a song for this film.
1.-2. The link between the animal of clue 1 and the fictional person of clue 2 is an animal with long teeth.
- This is a fictional person, and the same in both links.
2.-3. This is the best couple of friends you ever knew.
- This is a fictional person in the foregoing link, but a real person in the next link.
3.-4. They used to be a super-couple.
- A real person in both link, but he could also be associated with the name of a certain part of the heel.
4.-5. The new super-couple. Lots of kids.
- Change a vowel in one of the names from the last link, to identify the fictional person in the next link.
5.-6. Worlds most famous lovers.
- This person has portrayed both the fictional person in the last link, and the next link. He has the name of a turtle.
6.-7. The ship is sinking.
- A fictional person in last link, a real in the next one.
7.-8. A royal couple.
- A person from Switzerland.
The two overflowing words from 1. and 8. could be combined to be associated with a principle important to many countries in the world. This has recently(?) been a part of news coverage around the world. What is this principle called?