I have been stuck on this logic grid for a few hours. I don't know how to interpret Clue 4, 5, or 7.
- What does "next to" refer to in Clue 4?
- Can I then deduct that Everest is not in America from Clue 5?
- How does Clue 7 help if I don't know where Vinson is, or whether Kilimanjaro was conquered in 1966?
Can someone help me solve this, or let me know how to interpret those clues? Thanks.
1. Purtscheller's peak and the Aconcagua were conquered in the same century. 2. Mount Vinson is in Antarctica or was conquered in 1889. Hillary didn't go to either places.
3. The four mountains are: the African one, the mount reached by Zurbriggen, the mount reached in 1966, and the Everest. 4. Clinch reached the goal immediately next to the explorer who went to Asia.
5. Purtscheller didn't climb the Everest, and didn't lead an expedition to America.
6. Among Zurbriggen and Hillary, one went to Asia, the other climbed a mountain in 1897. 7. If the Vinson is in America, then the Kilimanjaro was conquered in 1966.
Edit: included the title "Above the Summits" in case other people are stuck on it.