I'm currently learning 2-look PLL and came across this PDF with some algorithms. I went through and gave names to the algorithms just so they'd be easier to remember and refer to, but got stuck on this one for corner permutation:

enter image description here

I've seen this referred to as Y-perm on various sites, but a lot of Y-perms I've seen swap the corners as well as 2 edges, but this one only swaps corners

Algorithmically it looks more like an N-perm, but that also has edge swapping...

Does this algorithm have a standard name?


1 Answer 1


The name for this algorithm is the Nb-perm.

However, the PDF ignores the edges in that step because it's using 4 look instead. Swapping the edges comes afterward when all 4 corners are in position; except for a final U-turn which is skipped until the 4th step.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.