The pieces of this ColorSaw have been flipped, rotated and moved.
Can you reassemble the puzzle so that each adjacent side has the same color/shape?
Please explain your logic!
Puzzling Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for those who create, solve, and study puzzles. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Looks possible to me.
1. Rotate the top left square by 90 degrees clockwise
2. Rotate the bottom left square by 90 degrees counterclockwise.
You'll get this picture:
3. Keep the top left square where it is and shuffle the other three around:
I'm afraid not much logic was involved - I started trying to show that it's impossible and came up with a counterexample :-)
Second solution with each symbol matched.
I wasn't happy with my first solution because the red stars are not oriented the same.
This is simpler and more pleasing:
- slide top right down
- slide bottom right across
- slide bottom left up
- slide top left across and rotate 90° clockwise
- if one must be flipped, let's flip the one with 2 red stars because it is symmetrical