This puzzle is part 25 of Gladys' journey across the globe. Each part can be solved independently. Nevertheless, if you are new to the series, feel free to start at the beginning: Introducing Gladys.
And so my journey has come to an end. This is my last destination. I have spent the day walking around in a shopping mall, trying to find the perfect souvenirs. I hope you have enjoyed my puzzles as much as I have enjoyed making them. I'll send you one more message once I get home to let you know the correct answers to my puzzles.
Wish you were here!
1. The news put me in touch with strange gases (7)
2. Strike head of nail in long piece of tree (3)
3. Landlord engaged in toilet terrorism (6)
4. Venereal disease dropped from satellite to troublemaker (4)
5. Musician to almost guide make-up artist (9)
6. Fear to shoot rare ogre evenly (6)
7. Organize disorganized decoration (10)
8. Some gold estimated for first-born (6)
1. A psychic; neither large nor small (6)
2. Solution with a high pH value (4)
3. Communication sent by post (6)
4. Slapping or walking musician (7)
5. JFK and MLK, for example (8)
6. New and original (5)
7. Enemy of the Allies (4)
8. The resolution of a legal dispute (10)
Gladys' journey will conclude in "More important than the destination".
Image credits: 4. Ixnayonthetimmay, CC BY-SA 3.0; 5.1 Steven Depolo, CC BY 2.0; 5.2 Rick Marshall, CC BY 2.0; 8.1 Allan warren, CC BY-SA 3.0; 8.2 Bruce Marlin, CC BY-SA 3.0