This puzzle is part 6 of Gladys' journey across the globe. Each part can be solved independently. Nevertheless, if you are new to the series, feel free to start at the beginning: Introducing Gladys.
Today it's back to nature for me. I'm at an ecological reserve which has large areas of practically untouched mangrove wetlands. I have visited some ancient ruins and walked along the beautiful shoreline. This trip is shaping up to be everything I expected and more!
Wish you were here!
1. Pieces of wood called pieces of meat (6)
2. Capital city held by slim Alexander (4)
3. Public transport vehicles turn intelligent (5)
4. Stones endlessly arranged musical sounds (5)
S T A K E S S T E A K S L I M A M A L E S M A R T T R A M S N O T E S T O N E S
where each cryptic clue can be solved two ways, and the two answers are put into the grid in the *A and *Z positions in alphabetical order.
Gladys' location is then read off from the yellow squares. (Obviously hehe)
I had no idea for clue 2.
@PilsNot3 is not as dense as I am. Clue 2 now solved.
1. Defs for STEAKS and STAKES; homophone indicator "called" changes one to the other.
2. Two capital cities contained in "sliM ALExander" and "sLIM Alexander".
3. Public transport TRAMS and intelligent SMART; "turns" reversing one into the other.
4. Endless STONE(-s) and NOTES and TONES (musical sounds); anagrind "arranged" changes one to the other.