This puzzle is part 4 of Gladys' journey across the globe. Each part can be solved independently. Nevertheless, if you are new to the series, feel free to start at the beginning: Introducing Gladys.
Today I visited a rather unusual religious site. The people here seem highly spiritual, yet at the same time extremely tolerant. Unfortunately I was not allowed to witness their ceremonies myself, but I did get to take a tour of the church during the day.
Wish you were here!
1. From the creators of Ice Age | Unpaid trainee
2. Irish singer | Joker actor
3. Small image | Gemstone
4. Politician who would be sober tomorrow
5. Ballad's Chevy | English county
6. Couch | Piece of artillery
7. Frantic | Stitch up
8. Mediterranean island | Funeral container
1. German empire | Fantasy monster
2. 2.54 centimetres | Ethiopian language
3. Happy | Japanese politician
4. Author Fleming | Repeat aloud
5. Open with a key | City with its own gulf
6. Name spelt with PH instead of V | Signified by Σ
7. Basque separatists | Central, interior
8. Small bread | Urban area
Gladys will return in "Gladys spins the wheel".