This puzzle is part 2 of Gladys' journey across the globe. If you're new to the series, feel free to start at the beginning: Introducing Gladys.
Today I spent the entire day outdoors. There are so many enjoyable parks and gardens in this area. Who says you can't enjoy nature in a big city? The puzzle I'm sending you is a word chain. The name of my destination consists of two words. Have fun!
Wish you were here!
1. A pope essentially munched alongside me during a period of fasting (7)
2. American car's air conditioning is beyond breaking point (7)
3. Black Prince, extremely exhausted, abruptly draws back (6)
4. Fantastic Potter has Elizabeth I's crown (7)
5. Football club's anthem botched by small child (9)
6. For every leading actor group, a prediction (8)
7. Half of meal prepared before specified time (7)
8. Make up a guess about jolly couple's birds (8)
9. Minister's corrupt circle (6)
10. Permanent building (6)
11. Prominent Republican host with a murderous brother (6)
12. Real corruption in Karnataka's bordering state (6)
13. Saloon outside Kazan's central marketplace (6)
14. Senseless gun mob regularly after central banks (4)
15. Short person essential to hybrid warfare (5)
16. Superman, finally social, upset Kal-El's dad (7)
17. Untalented writer has trouble finishing diacritical mark (5)
18. Vegetable food course by sun god (6)
Gladys will return in "T-Rex goes cooking".