Complete the grid and find a two-word final answer.
1. Ability to move first to northern aristocracy (8)
4. Animal to rip a short tail back (5)
5. Oral tradition about the origin of Indus river (5)
6. Heart of Azerbaijan; first khanate's head, then urban capital (4)
7. Exclude a note during overtime (4)
8. Turn captain's first military status (5)
9. Sea navigation's start in Laos retreat is dependent on time of year (8)
2. Capable holding Arizona on fire (6)
3. Counselor in front of workable central triumvirate (6)
This puzzle is part of Recycling old answers.