Think of a 4-letter word for something seen in the winter (lowercase). Turn it upside down, and you'll name a device used with this thing. What is it?

(credit to Hugh Stoll of Harrisonburg, Va.)

I am getting really frustrated that I can't figure this out!!!!


2 Answers 2


The answer is

"wool", which people wear in winter.
When inverted, the word "wool" becomes "loom", a device that can be used for weaving wool.


Is it



On a snow plow there's something called a moldboard, which is the big curved part. From a few web searches I couldn't find any reference to a moldboard being called simply a mold, but there are cases where it's broken into two words; I could see some people calling it a mold. A moldboard is also made using a mold, so maybe that's what it's referring to?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.