You are hosting a party, and everything is going perfectly well, until you ask if anyone wants a kuulalaakeri shot. (In case you are not familiar with this highly treacherous Finnish beverage, it has just a little more than half of Jaloviina, and exactly the same amount of Punssi. Also, it's not at all uncommon for things to stop going perfectly well after a couple of them.)
This time however, the trouble hits even before you get to consume the shots: You have
- one full 50cl bottle of Jaloviina
- one full 50cl bottle of Punssi, and
- 5 empty shot glasses, of 5cl each
and you realise this looks an awful lot like a puzzle waiting to be invented.
So you challenge yourself to solve a puzzle with the following restrictions:
- At no point can any drink be in any container apart from those mentioned
- Whatever you put into one container immediately gets perfectly mixed with whatever was already there
- At the end all the drinks must be in the two bottles (Oh, the poor guests..)
You figure out that a nice puzzle would be "What is the maximum amount of Jaloviina you can get into the Punssi bottle" under these restrictions. Can you solve it, or are you stuck until your guests get too impatient and attack the way too expensive cognac you were saving for a special occasion?