The following partially-filled table shows the marks scored by 5 students named A, B, C, D and E in five different subjects, namely P, C, M, B and S. The marks scored by all students in all subjects were natural numbers.
P C M B S Total A 87 72 58 340 B 64 96 354 C 318 D 402 E 67 44 388 Total 338 332 383 398 351
the following points are known:
There is exactly one student who scored 99 marks in one subject, which was the highest score among all students in all subjects.
There is exactly one student who scored 44 marks in one subject, which was the lowest score among all students in all subjects.
- C got 3 different perfect square marks in 3 different subjects and equal non-perfect square marks in M and S.
- D scored 2 marks more in C than in P and 3 marks more in M than in S.
- C’s highest score was in P.
- B’s highest score was 96 in B but D got the highest score in B, which was a prime number.
- Except in M, all scores of D were prime numbers. B got equal marks in M and S.
The highest marks scored by any student in any subject were scored in which of the following subjects?
P C M Cannot be determined
Please share your approach for this.
Source : Me