Inspired by this rebus puzzle and this Riley puzzle, I went out to look for some more rebuses online (backward ones, at least)... and that's when I found the following rebus puzzle. This is not mine, but I will credit the source once I have ticked the answer.
Rebuses in Reverse
We've all seen a rebus like "midstuckdle" (stuck in the middle). The following clues are "revrebuseserse" (rebuses in reverse). That is, the clues below are answers to rebuses which all use the "in" construction.
However, the original rebus from the clues below will actually form a word. For example, "Not old in actually existing" would be "renewal" (new in real). Can you solve the rest?
- A female relative in quickly departed the scene
- Not off in a length of time
- Fluid for writing in a part of a plane
- A light at night in wet dirt
- To talk in a soft, loving voice in a confidence trick
- To separate in a legal document
If you've seen this puzzle before, lucky you!
Here is the source.