So you like mathematical diversions? Here's something new for you then
┌───┬───┬───┐ │ 4 │ 9 │ 2 │ ├───┼───┼───┤ │ 3 │ 5 │ 7 │ ├───┼───┼───┤ │ 8 │ 1 │ 6 │ └───┴───┴───┘ Magic number: 93
Whats that you say? That's just a magic square? And its magic number is only 15, not 93?
No sir, you're wrong, its a MAZEGIC SQUARE! Let me explain...
- You start in space 4 (with a value of 4)
- All movement is orthogonal; up, down, left, or right only.
- Each time you move you change your value based on the direction moved, and the number moved to:
- Moving RIGHT adds the destination to your current value
- Moving LEFT subtracts the destination from your current value
- Moving DOWN multiplies your current value by your destination
- Moving UP divides your current value by your destination
- You may not make a move that would result in any of the following:
- A value less than zero
- A value greater than one hundred
- A noninteger value
- If at any time you are in a cell on the edge of the square and your value is the MAGIC NUMBER, you can escape the maze.
So, what cell do you escape from? What is your path through the MAZEGIC SQUARE?
Not-quite-a-hint / reassurance
Your path through the mazegic square is 8 or less operations long (not including entering the maze or escaping it).