Step 1 -- Appropriate Terms
Solve the following cryptic clues:
- Reportedly talked about revolt (7)
- Studied super varied education (7)
- Beginners without faults (7)
- OB keeps bizarre custom (7)
- Scarf is sure concealing cleavage (7)
- Croon at ranch to odd associate (7)
- Was left around south (7)
- Laid back dealer has ecstasy! (7)
Step 2 -- Short Term Solutions
Use step one's answers to fill in this simple crossword. One of these answers is not like the others! Find out which one, and use it to your advantage.
Step 3 -- The Late Term
Take the 4 marked letters from the puzzle to get the final, somewhat inappropriate, answer.
(Edit: This was a late addition to the fortnightly challenge)