3. Amphibian surmounts physicist (6)
4. Hilarious partner (3)
5. Spurn a guilty plea outside Aquidneck Island (8)
6. Performing a supersonic number in the head of an adult insect. (9)
7. Sightless, tailless, expensive and suitable for general audiences (5)
9. Blur's life, not your jumping around. (7)
11. Dennis Ritchie's creation doing half a dance outside a flat to check your humanity (7)
1. Crypto-Olaf (10, 7)
2. The angels amid sightless ghoti; half a nokia appears unexpectedly (5, 3)
5. Not a cat (3)
8. Not a dog (3)
10. Ghoti (4)
This is my first attempt at a cryptic-ish crossword (some of the clues are cryptic, I've thrown in a couple of really easy ones too, to provide more cross-checking).
I'd appreciate constructive feedback on what you think of this puzzle, what level of difficulty it is, and what I should do differently to improve things for the next one.
In response to query: OED is the Oxford English Dictionary. It's the most authoritative dictionary for English. The point is that while some of the words are neologisms, they're ones which are well-known and accepted enough to have become part of the English language (by the OED's definition).