While sleeping some fiendish creature has absconded with my wallet! He left this note, and each clue gives me a letter. Can you help me figure out where my wallet went?
- The middle of my brothers I thought I was a car, but maybe I'm just dead. Better use my tail.
- You'll need the right portmanteau for this, don't get bewildered. Both sides work.
- Some things start inside this, others put me inside them. Just don't use my duplicate.
- Some people think that we are a _____, but I guess our names are confusing. We're really in a false group. I have two (or maybe one) of these, but you better use the first.
- First in my group, I am unlike the rest and I am fifth overall, twice.
- Carl really likes these. Use my first duplicate.
- To me you are you, but to yourself you are _____.
- Well, I was worried I was wasting all this writing. Will you weep, or win?
Where is my wallet?
6 is a reference to a show.
The letters from the description are not in order to discourage deriving letters from final answer.
For 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 the second part of the description refers to how to derive the letter.
For 4, think food.
For 1, don't think brothers in the literal sense, but rather take it as it is the middle of three things that have a strong relation to each other.
Provide the answer and letter for each description along with the answer.