This question already has an answer here:
- Sliding Bolt Puzzle 3 answers
The game has two players (A) The leader (B) player (you)
Four coins are placed on the corners of a rectangular rotating table. Some of the coins are facing head and some tail. Your goal is to arrange the coins so that all heads are up or all tails are up.
Here are the rules:
- You can ask the leader to flip any at most two coins but you can't see any coin ever.
- You can feel the table's orientation.
- Once you are done, the table will be rotated by the leader by either 90 or 180 or 270 or 360 degrees in clockwise direction.
- If all coins are either head or tail then a bell will ring.
Devise a strategy so that you will win the game.
NOTE: You shouldn't play the game randomly.
This puzzle is somewhat similar to puzzle Four cups on a table