Which is the next shape? Pick from the bottom line:
Source: Iranian Ph.D. university entrance exam 2017
Puzzling Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for those who create, solve, and study puzzles. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
the third shape.
- the second shape has a 2x2 section in the top left rotated clockwise,
- the third has a 2x2 section in the bottom right rotated counterclockwise,
- the 4th has a 3x3 section in the top left rotated clockwise,
- the 5th has a 3x3 section in the bottom right rotated counterclockwise
- the shape that then fits the apparent pattern is the third, which has a 4x4 section in the top left rotated clockwise.
I believe the answer is:
Row-by-row comparison of the known tables reveals that the top row has two blue blocks, the second row has one, the third row has one, the fourth has two, and the bottom has two. The second table is the only one that fits this criteria.