I am trying to solve a mathematical arrangement based puzzle and not able to do it, need help of you guys. Question is relevant to competitive exams in India.
Here is the puzzle:-
M, N, O, P, Q, R and S are seven people who live on seven different floors of a building but not necessarily in the same order. The lower most floor of the building is numbered 1, the one above that is numbered 2 and so on till the topmost floor is numbered 7. Each one of them have different income i.e. 3500, 15000, 7500, 9000, 11000, 13500 and 5000. (But not necessarily in the same order.)
- M lives on an odd numbered floor but not on the floor numbered 3.
- The one who has income of 11000 lives immediately above M.
- Only two people live between M and the one who has income of 7500.
- The one who has income of 15000 lives on one of the odd numbered floors above P.
- Only three people live between O and the one who has income of 15000.
- The one who has income of 7500 lives immediately above O.
- R earns 4000 more than Q.
- The one who has income of 3500 lives immediately above the one who has income of 5000.
- Only one person lives between N and Q.
- N lives on one of the floors above Q.
- Neither O nor M has income of 9000.
- Q does not have income of 7500.
Please help me solve this arrangement and if explained step by step of your approach will be a great help.