The puzzle is broken into four parts, and each part yields a single letter. Put them all together, and it'll spell out the thing that gets me up in the morning :-)
1) One who may think about gallantry! (6) (Solved: indubitablee)
2) Vader, for instance, holds murderous forger (5) -(Solved: Silenus)
3) It's poisonous, so mother gets a medical book first (5) - (Solved: Silenus)
4) Draw on alien food store (6) - (Solved: Silenus)
5) The panel broke up right wing design (8) - (Solved: M Oehm)
6) Broken laces wrapped round thumb for defensive move (6) - (Solved M Oehm)
((CEMNOPS + DEITTU) / ACINRSST) / DEEEPZ - DDEIKNR = ?
PART 3 - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil & M Oehm)
1) "The lady ____ protest too much". (4) - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil)
2) The venom of a puffer fish (12) - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil)
3) A film by Spike Lee. (2, 3, 5, 5) - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil)
4) One who sells needles and thread (in Britain) and men's clothes (in America). (11) - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil)
5) The movie 'Cabaret' was adapted from the novel 'Berlin Tales' by which British author? (11, 9) - (Solved: Beastly Gerbil)
This sequence is missing its first item. What is it?
? cvcv cvccv cvccv vccvcvc cvcv vcv
Hint for part 2:
The words are partial anagrams. Each word is missing...something, and the 'somethings' are all very similar in one important respect. I admit, I may have made this bit too difficult. It's my first puzzle. If this hint isn't enough, I'll post another one tomorrow.
Hint for part 4:
The c and v stand for two common words. If you know these, you should be able to deduce the sequence.