A blind man went to a sorcerer to regain his sight. The sorcerer placed eight different colored cups in front of him, and said that one of these cups contained a magic drink while the other seven cups had poison in it. The cups were placed as the following picture:
The sorcerer told the blind man that the cups have the colors Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, and White. Furthermore he gave the following hints:
- The blue cup contains the magic drink,
- The green cup is neither the leftmost nor the rightmost in its row.
- The yellow and the red cup are opposite to each other.(row wise not beside each other)
- The indigo cup is not in the top row.
- The orange cup is beside the blue cup.
- The white cup is leftmost or rightmost in its row.