This question already has an answer here:
- Burning ropes as timers 5 answers
This is an alteration (not a duplicate) of either the "Two Fuses burn for 45 minutes" or Burning ropes as timers questions. The fuses in my question are not identical and the answer(s) to the other questions are not identical to the answer I've accepted. In this scenario:
- I have two fuses of varying length.
- The fuses are not made of the same material.
- Each fuse does not burn at the same rate as the other.
- A fuse does not necessarily burn at the same rate throughout.
- Each fuse burns for 30 minutes.
- Folding one of the fuses in half does not guarantee that it'll burn twice as fast as the burn rate is not uniform.
How do I time 45 minutes by burning fuses?