Oh, woe is me, the creature's back
to give me certain heart attack!
He's plucking words and shifting glyphs.
What sort of devilry is this?
- I love the gates of hell; I’m kind of a rod (6)
- The apple shave already bed (6)
- I'm not afraid of going without food, but I do first (5)
- Carding is easier than growing potatoes (6)
- Only the worn are permitted entry to Valhalla (5)
- The party was lame so sever hem left (5)
- Marsh as an obit (5)
- Wouldn’t you rather have the faux fur? Think... (6)
But you, my puzzler, once before,
helped me reverse the demon's chore.
So solve again the clues and mend
this time the name of Satan's friend.