Consider the words he, mother, and smothered. These words form a series, each nested in the next:
he, mother, smothered.
Such a series can be encoded with a clue consisting of the following:
- synonyms of the words in the series
- nothing else.
For example, the above series can be encoded with the clue:
That man suffocated mom
Parsing this clue, we get:
That man | suffocated | mom
HE SMOTHERED MOTHER
Now that you know the rules, let's see if you can find the series clued by the following:
- Favorable signs flavor photograph
- Purplish-red plant generation
- Captives label all the world, according to Shakespeare
- Tear banded stomach tissue
- Nether perennials have an obligation