Consider the words a, rat, and aerate. These words form a series, each nested in the next:
a, rat, aerate.
Such a series can be encoded with a clue consisting of the following:
- synonyms of the words in the series
- nothing else.
For example, the above series can be encoded with the clue:
Introduce air into an animal.
Parsing this clue, we get:
Introduce air into | an | animal
AERATE A RAT
Now that you know the rules, let's see if you can find the series clued by the following:
- Consumer swallowed audience member
- Refurbished egg-shaped vessel
- Vermin gadfly of Athens put in a box
- Low-quality beige table
- Spirit destructively getting older