The following clues are not quite your usual crossword fare; they do fit the standard guidelines for cryptic clues, but each of them contains an unusual twist which (hopefully) makes them harder than average. By putting together all four solutions, you will discover a meaningful sentence.
- The western hemisphere is never xenophobic first. (6)
- Horse moves right, left, faster, by alternate routes. (5)
- A most outstanding fate awaits the poor easterner later on. (5)
- I do it, you are it, so it sounds like you should do it? (4)
Solve the cryptic clues and find the final sentence.
3. What does 'outstanding' mean?
4. "I do it" = verb, "you are it" = noun, "sounds like" = homophone.