This puzzle is based on another one: called A star made of dice from a popular Italian puzzle maker @Alenanno (Who also helped me with this one). However there have been some modifications to make this puzzle more differenter.
- A word of 6 letters has been engraved on each die. Definitions at the bottom must be solved to find these words.
- Definitions are not given in the standard order (1,2,3,...), so you might have to properly associate each one (along with the solution) to its die. Observational skills are going to be your best weapon.
- Letters on the dice are either hidden or shown. Shown letters should be removed from the clue word, therefore the remaining hidden letters will be used to progress in the puzzle.
- When all the clue words have been found and placed, the hidden letters will give another question, following the numbers, and resulting in your final solution.
A complete answer would show: (a) all the clue words associated with their die number and definition (or just write them in order like a list), (b) the hidden definition, (c) the final word, and optionally, (d) hidden letters written in a sequence as a recap somewhere in the answer.
A note on formatting. I'd like to request something for consistency across answers: as shown in the example below, hidden letters should be enclosed in
<sub> </sub>to increase readability (bold lettering is hardly visible). In case of multiple eligible letters, you may highlight any, as this is not relevant to finding the solution, i.e.
CARPALcould be CARPAL or CARPAL.
Therefore, an example answer could be:
PAL, IEN, ...
- CARPAL - definition here...
- HIDDEN - another definition here...
Again, apart from the single request I've made, any formatting choice is up to you.
- You may safely ignore the inscription written around the center when solving the puzzle (while still appreciating the many years of experience of the author).
You, turned to meat. — Ones who cut stone. — Those who eat. — A maiden quite fat. — Remove mammalian garden pests. — Formed of natural fiber — Hopefully you, by a ruby kipper. — Foliage under the weather — Moved sneakily. — People Who Found Jenny's number. — A bowdlerized British bird... according to a deal-making snake — First Generation water-related pocket monster — What a puzzle solver does, given incomplete information. — Made up for. — An arcade fighter. — Missing to an abnormal degree, esp. Scandinavian glacial erosion patterns. — Odes of praise. — Protect from harm.
In the interests of helping the visually impaired, the following description is provided: There are 18 dice, numbered, and laid out in a clockwise circle around a central die and inscription crediting @Alenanno. The Dice are labeled as follows, with the first letter being the up-face, and the following two being the other visible faces, read left-to-right.
$1$. LED, $2$. IEE, $3$. TEA, $4$. KEN, $5$. KEN, $6$. LID, $7$. SER, $8$. TUT, $9$. LID, $10$. SAP, $11$. TUT, $12$. LID, $13$. SAP, $14$. PNG, $15$. SER, $16$. SER, $17$. TEA, $18$. LED