This is an entry to the 17th fortnightly topic challenge.
Alice and Bob are playing connect four. Bob is tired of losing all the time, so he suggests changing the rules. He wants to drop 2 pieces every turn. Alice thinks this would make it too easy for him, so she wants to change the win conditions. They agree that she only has to get 3 in a row to win, while Bob needs 5 in a row. Alice goes first.
Assuming perfect play, who will win?
- Standard connect four rules apply, unless something else is specified
- The game is played on a 7 wide and 6 high grid
- Bob will make 2 moves every time it's his turn
- Alice will only make 1 move when it's her turn
- Bob wins if he gets 5 in a row
- Alice wins if she gets 3 in a row
- If there is no moves left (the grid is full) without a winner, the game is a draw
- Alice makes the first move