This puzzle is based on another one called Stella di dadi (dice star) from a popular Italian puzzle magazine. However there have been some modifications to make this puzzle
a bit a lot harder.
- A word of 6 letters has been engraved on each die. Definitions at the bottom must be solved to find these words.
- Definitions are not given in the standard order (1,2,3,...), so you might have to properly associate each one (along with the solution) to its die. Observational skills are going to be your best weapon.
- Letters on the dice are either hidden or shown. Shown letters should be removed from the clue word, therefore the remaining hidden letters will be used to progress in the puzzle.
- When all the clue words have been found and placed, the hidden letters will give another definition (which this time will be much easier, I promise) following the numbers, therefore giving you the final word.
A complete answer would show: (a) all the clue words associated with their die number and definition (or just write them in order like a list), (b) the hidden definition, (c) the final word, and optionally, (d) hidden letters written in a sequence as a recap somewhere in the answer.
A note on formatting. I'd like to request something for consistency across answers: as shown in the example below, hidden letters should be enclosed in
<sub> </sub>to increase readability (bold lettering is hardly visible). In case of multiple eligible letters, you may highlight any, as this is not relevant to finding the solution, i.e.
CARPALcould be CARPAL or CARPAL.
Therefore, an example answer could be:
PAL, IEN, ...
- CARPAL - definition here...
- HIDDEN - another definition here...
Again, apart from the single request I've made, any formatting choice is up to you.
- You may safely ignore the incription written around the center when solving the puzzle (while still appreciating the many years of experience of the author).
Reciprocal of cosine. — In an eager or enthusiastic manner. — Too emotionally dependent. — Remove a person from power. — Equipped for industrial production. — An ordained minister. — It cannot be used as a minus in programming. — Food reduced to shreds through rubbing. — Conferred as a distinction for achievement. — Just outside of the podium. — Lively dance of Czech origin. — Calm someone by administering a drug. — Food containing oxidized fatty acids. — Food made from gluten... approaching the sunrise. — Be easily removable. — Pillaged, stolen. — Lose one's temper. — Of leafy vegetables. — Inflamed with passion.
Dice letters in text form for the visually impaired, given in order:
$1.$ SET, $2.$ STA, $3.$ AED, $4.$ NLY, $5.$ DEA, $6.$ OUR, $7.$ LNY, $8.$ LTE, $9.$ OUR, $10.$ SAT, $11.$ DAN, $12.$ EDA, $13.$ OOE, $14.$ AED, $15.$ STE, $16.$ ECO, $17.$ EAD, $18.$ AND, $19.$ NDA.