On the warm and windy night of November 12, Joe was coming back home. He ordered pizza from the car, to be delivered at 8 PM. Once he got back, he realized that one of his windows was slightly ajar. He concluded that he just left it open for ventilation.
Once he got to the front door, he taped a note for the pizza guy that would arrive shortly. As he unlocked his door and walked into the house, a loud crash came from the basement. He thought that the cat somehow got locked in and was trying to escape. He walked over to the door and turned the handle. As soon as the door creaked open, he fell over, dead. The unknown assassin walked over to him and watched him bleed out. The last thing Joe saw was a masked and gloved man standing over him, laughing as the last of Joe's life left him...
Later on, Doorknob arrived with Joe's pizza. As Doorknob walked towards the house, he saw a note on the door saying, "Come in, I'm in the dining hall. Second door to the left." He went into the house. After he walked past the first door, all the lights went out, except for one. As Doorknob walked into the dining room, he saw the only light on. That light was pointed right onto the table, where Joe's body was.
Doorknob couldn't believe his own eyes. He went to go investigate the body, and saw three things:
- A tattoo on his chest saying: "An eye for an eye. Is it not?"
- A single bullet
- A loaded pistol with something carved into the side.
Shocked and horrified, Doorknob ran out of the house and to the police. He reported the crime.
The next morning, Doorknob was certain of where the murderer came from. He only needed to find who did it. After a bit of searching, he discovered the murderer and apprehended him.
Who was the murderer?
Bonus: What's carved into the side of the gun?
Hints Revealed (for the weak):
1. This is about AskUbuntu
2. The Joe is the same Joe that posted the above question.
3. Treat everything in this post as a hint.
4. A certain pokemon is not to be blamed here.
5. Actual detective work is needed for this puzzle.
6. The killer had plenty of time to prepare.
7. Doorknob is irrelevant.
8. While AskUbuntu was murdered, something else survived...
9. You may assume that everything in the hints are true.
10. (Gun-Related) The gun has a logo etched into it..