Freddy, Charlie, Apple, and Boris are each one of four horses in the Belmont Stakes, a 1 1⁄2-mile race. After a mile the horses are in the following positions:
- Freddy is at least an eighth of a mile ahead of Charlie, Apple, and Boris.
- Boris is behind Apple, but by less than an eighth of a mile.
- Charlie and Apple are tied.
For the rest of the race the horses will move accordingly:
- Boris will move at 30 mph.
- Freddy will move at 25 mph.
- Charlie and Apple will move at 27mph each.
Which horse wins the race?