This was intended to be for History Fortnight, but I didn't quite get it finished up in time. (I now have a history of just missing these cutoffs.) Here's the puzzle, though you'll definitely need the bigger version to have a go at it.
- The final answer is a person who would've been quite good at History Fortnight.
- I'm American, so dates are MM/DD/YYYY.
- There are cryptic clues (in crpytic-crossword style) but also non-cryptic clues. All cryptic clues are followed by (n) for clarity, even when there are already boxes for their solutions.
- A complete answer will have all boxes filled in and the correct final answer identified. (And any additional notes are welcome!)
- The colors do help keep track of which answers go where, but shouldn't be necessary for those color-blind folks out there.
- There's no easy way to make a text version of this, so it's tagged visual.
- The flow of information is not meant to be difficult to follow. Let me know if you're not sure about something, but a careful look should give you the gist of it.