This is not a solution to the puzzle, but provides notes from its poser. This type of answer has been approved by the community.
Caution: This post may contain spoilers.
The tag cryptic-clues have always been one of my favourites here on puzzling, and I've always thought it would be cool to have a few cryptic clues whose answers spell out a message or sentence. One of the most important aspects of cryptic clues is that they tend to have a misleading surface meaning. This gave me the idea of obfuscating the clues by clever positioning of punctuation, so that the beginnings and ends of the clues are not easily deducible from the apparent structure of the sentences. I had not yet decided upon the target sentence to be "encrypted", so as to say. I tried some random quotes and proverbs without much success. One issue that always bothered me was that I had to include the definition for every word, and it was fairly easy for a solver to pick up only those definitions and deduce the hidden message.
Around this time, rand al'thor wrote in a friendly chat : "Congratulations, you've been infected with the puzzling bug!". I was about to type in the response "It's not a bug, it's a feature" when it occurred to me that the word 'safe' is hidden among the letters. Then it struck me that I could break up the target string into a different set of words than those in the actual message. As it turned out, the sentence at hand was an excellent specimen for this to work.
Steps of the creation
The first thing I began with was the proper spacing out. I wanted to ensure that no word in the original message was intact. Apparently, the only way to obfuscate 'It's' was to take out the 'It' part and fuse the 's' with the second word. So it began as "It snot". Nice enough.
Having already decided upon 'safe', the only viable option was 'Abu git safe at Ure'. I would be happier if 'ature' were a proper clueable word, but apparently it isn't.
Now, I had to make the clues themselves. I tried to avoid anagrams (so that those having chatted with me about anagrams some time before don't have an unfair advantage), and ended up having mostly double definitions and acrostics. Many of the words were too short to clue in some other way. All this while, I tried to blend the clues together to form multiple sentences so that it was not obvious where clues really start or end.
I was afraid this would turn out to be too obscure, so I included the word-lengths to gently nudge the solver towards crossword-styled clues.
For a backstory, I chose the first one that came to my mind. I added a 'snapshot of my notebook' for making the story more realistic.
I used mostly Google and Dictionary.com. I had to google for words I wasn't sure they existed (Abu and Ure), and for synonyms of otherwise known words. (As a side note, Google kept thinking I live at Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India for quite a few days because of my search history).
Also, I used Adobe Photoshop for creating the image of the notebook that accompanies my puzzle.
This puzzle reinforced my belief that clever twists in classic puzzles can produce rather interesting results. Also, this confirmed my trust in the superior problem-solving ability of PSE users.