This is the first question for the new Fortnightly Topic Challenge #14: History.
- A fight near a place which was sung about 159 years later.
- A great man dies in a city where they can't build towers.
- A sailor discovers something other than he thought.
- A man travels around the world in 108 minutes.
- Trees fall over in Russia.
- You too ...?
- Each clue represents a historical event.
- Each clue generates 2 entries for the crossword:
- the year of the event represented as a roman numeral
- a single word referring to the event, which can be:
- the name of a place
- the first or last name of a person
- You must find the correct position for each entry yourself.
- Allowed directions for entries are right and down.
- Only year numbers are relevant for this puzzle. AD and BC should be ignored.
- The combined colored fields will provide a clue for the final solution, a historical event that is known by each visitor of this site.