I have an idea in my mind for a while but I can't finish it so I share it here, hoping you can help me.
The puzzle is based on a broken watch with only a few part of the digits working (and a big part of my problem is to dtermine which part of the digits) so it is not possible to determine exactly which number it is.
For example we can have the following green parts working only :
Here is the current state of the puzzle :
A husband and a wife are sleeping. The husband has the broken watch as desribe before and he knows which lights are working/broken. In the middle of the night, the wife wakes up her husband :
- What time is it ?
The husband looks at his watch and says :
- I can't tell you
He falls alseep but later her wife wakes him up again :
- What time is it now, I can't sleep !
- It has not changed, says the man looking at his watch, don't wake me up every 10 secondes
- But I'm sure that I have been waiting for more than 1 minute so it should have changed
- Oh I know what time it is then...
Can you be stronger than the husband and tell what time it is without looking at the watch ?
However at this current state the puzzle is not working (there is no solution) and I need your help to make it works !
Here are the potential changes to make it work :
- Find the digits so there is only one combination where there is exactly two different times with the same lights on
- Change the puzzle a bit (make him look at his watch more than twice for example)
- ... Any change that would make this puzzle.