You find yourself on the floor, slowly waking up and unable to remember how you got here. As you slowly come to your senses, you realize that another weird guy has trapped you in another unfamiliar room with what you're sure is another set of bizarre rules that you have to follow.
A previously-unseen speaker starts to produce a voice. "Hᴇʟʟᴏ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ʟᴀʙʏʀ--"
You cut him off angrily. "Yes, I know. You've trapped me in a labyrinth, and I have to get out while following some strange rule that you've come up with. That's great. Just tell me the rule and give me the map. And let's make it quick - I have a report that I have to do by tomorrow."
"Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜɪs? I sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴏᴍɪɴᴏᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴏʟ."
"Look, this is the fourth maze I've been trapped in since yesterday. I've already had a maze that contained itself, one with a ton of letters written on the tiles, and one where I had to follow directions written on dice. Just tell me the rules so I can get this over with."
"Uɢʜ, ғɪɴᴇ. Hᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ."
The Memory Labyrinth Rules
- You are currently just behind the door in the bottom right.
- You must walk through each of the other rooms before returning to the first room. Steps must be to horizontally or vertically adjacent tiles - no diagonal movement.
- You may not step on the same tile twice.
- In the middle room, you must step on every tile. In the left room, you must step on every tilein the S-shaped region.
- Every time you step between two tiles, a line will be drawn between those two tiles' centers. This means that the line will trace out your path along the tiles, moving like a rook in chess.
- The most important rule: When your path is completed, every section of the same color and shape must look identical. (If you enter two blue rectangles from the bottom left going up, your paths through them must be exactly the same. You can trace them out in reverse, but the lines left behind must be identical.)
"But wait, where's the exit?"
"Iᴛ's ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs. I'ᴍ sᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ."
The speaker shuts off and you notice that a map is sitting just below the door. You pick it up and unfold it...
(For the color-blind, I have marked all groups of 1×1 squares with symbols.)