This question already has an answer here:
A group of Seven men robbed a diamond shop at night. They ran to a nearby forest and all slept there for the night.
- One of them woke up and tried to run away with the bag full of diamonds, but another one woke up at the same time and caught him.
- They both decided to divide the diamonds in half and run away, but when they divided them, they got one diamond as a remainder.
- So they woke up the third man. They again divided the diamonds and got one as a remainder.
- They woke up the fourth, fifth, and sixth men one by one, each time dividing the diamonds equally and getting exactly one diamond as a remainder.
- But when they woke up the last man, all the diamonds were divided equally and completely.
Since there are multiple solution for this, how many lowest possible number [greater than 0] of diamonds were there?