I seem physical...
- On the fringe between two countries, I have no proper home, but make one for others.
- Standing proudly for all to see, my purpose is often to conceal.
- Heterogeneous, I am part smooth and part knobby.
- Exactly where I am at any moment depends on my frame of reference.
Do I have poor emotional regulation?
- If you neglect me for too long I'll begin to groan. If you still keep forcing me to work under such conditions, I will start to shriek at you!
- I tend to be somewhat insecure, and my coping strategy is to hold tightly to whatever I can latch onto.
- I sometimes become a bit clingy, letting go only with reluctance and after forceful persuasion.
Perhaps I'm even a bully!
- Do not disrespect me, as I can strike very hard. If you get in my way, I will crush you!
- When things get heated, it's best to leave me alone—you might regret coming my way.
- I am a divisive sort, but people value me for exactly this quality!
But I have childlike qualities, too
- Like a child at a playground, I often enjoy swinging and being swung, or maybe going on a slide.
- Children may be fond of repetition, but they're amateurs compared to me. I'm a master of it.
- I think the whole world revolves around me.
What am I?
Take "countries" figuratively. Very.
The headings are complete red herrings. Remove them and jumble the clues randomly. It might help. The red herrings function to make you miss the literal meanings of the words used--by "pre-loading" your brain with a fake context, you'll more likely fail to guess the right connotations or denotations of the words used. Thus, if you mix the clues up and remove the headings, new ideas will emerge around the ways that the particular words (oh so very carefully chosen, for the most part) might relate to each other.