The mandarin stared bewildered on the chess board after Li Chai finished his winning move:
But it didn't last for long. He grabbed his queen and repeated Li Chais last move while announcing:
What kind of mate is that, if I can mate you as well?
This was of course against the rules, but Li Chai stayed calm and started the second game.
How did Li Chai win the second game?
The rules (same as in part 1):
- standard chess rules apply, if not stated otherwise
- you play white and your opponent copies all your moves (e.g 1. e4 would be followed by 1. ... e5)
- you are allowed to make "stupid" moves, your opponent will copy all moves regardless how bad they are
- you are not allowed to make moves which cannot be copied, of course except for the last move winning the game
- make it impossible for the mandarin to repeat the mating move
The limit for this part is 7 moves.