Your challenge is to arrange matchsticks to make a pattern. Matchsticks are all the same length and cannot be broken.
These are geometric arrangements:
- Make 4 triangles using 6 sticks.
- Make 3 X's using 3 sticks.
- Make 14 squares using 8 sticks.
These are arrangements derived from symbols implied in the question:
- Make a pound using 4 sticks.
- Make a knife using 3 sticks.
- Make a dessert using 3 sticks.
- Most of air is 3 sticks.
- Stop with 2; continue with 3.
- 2 sticks is big; flipped, is small.
Hint for number 5:
Can you think of a symbol whose name is a synonym for knife?